Sunday, October 23, 2005

Looks like I'm not going to be able to automatically update this photoblog using Picassa anymore.

Scott gave me an early birthday present, a really nice camera, Canon Digital Rebel, with a really big lens, Phoenix 100-400mm, so I can try to get some closer shots of the many birds we see at the wetlands around Peoria. Unfortunately, I posted a couple without resizing, and apparently those big photos must have triggured the system. It thinks this is a spam blog and makes me enter a word verification each time I post a message, and Picassa can't do this.

I will have to find another venue for posting photographs, as the manual method is way too time-consuming.

I will miss this blog!

************************

Error message when Posting through Picassa or Hello:

com.google.blogger.exceptions.RateLimitingException

Help message regarding this error:

Why do I have word verification on my posting form?

Word verification on the posting form is meant to be a spam reduction mechanism for BlogSpot in general, and is applied to certain potential spam blogs by an automated system. Because this is automated there will necessarily be some false positives, though we're continually working on improving our algorithms to avoid these. If your blog is one of the false positives, we apologize. Having the word verification on your posting form does not prevent you from publishing and does not mean that your blog will be deleted or otherwise punished if it is not actually in violation of our policies.

2 Comments:

At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you can just create a new account for yourself on the same system?

Love,
Andrea

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Jane said...

Hi Andrea,
I thought of that, and as long as I keep the size down shouldn't be a problem. I'll post the link here.

Thanks, for the suggestion!

Love,
Jane

 

Post a Comment

<< Home